What We Are
The Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions is a non-profit, non-partisan research and education institute, or "think tank." We are funded by a coalition of individuals, corporations and foundations that share our ideals and support our work. We do not seek, nor do we accept, any funding from government sources at any level.
What We Believe
- That Ohioan's shared values of freedom, opportunity, responsibility, and community should drive public policy.
- That quality research and data-driven solutions should rise above mere partisanship and are a necessary foundation for healthy debate.
- That a limited, transparent and accountable government best fulfills its duties to its citizens; best protects their rights and freedoms; and creates an environment for growth and opportunity.
- That creating a vibrant, flexible and competitive economic environment allows Ohioans to pursue their hopes and dreams and makes Ohio a better place to live and work.
What We Do
- Set the policy debate in Ohio by researching and promoting relevant and practical solutions to Ohio's most pressing public policy issues.
- Build coalitions of like-minded individuals and organizations committed to public policy that is driven by the best information available but also by our ideals and values.
- Engage and educate citizens and policy makers in the need for reform grounded in freedom, responsibility, opportunity and community.
- Support public policy solutions that expand freedom and limit government; that reward personal responsibility and hold government accountable; and that free workers and empower communities.